11 Healthy and Creative Recipes for Your Summer Cookout (plus, they’re gluten-free!)
1. Tomato Hors D’oeuvres
Makes 10-12 slices
? 2 organic tomatoes
Pesto topping ingredients:
? 1 small organic lemon (or 1/2 large lemon)
? 2-4 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil – cold pressed)
? organic bunch of parsley
? 1 tbsp fresh organic oregano (chop to measure)
? organic bunch of cilantro
? organic bunch of basil
? sea salt
? black pepper
1. Slice tomatoes and set aside (distribute on a plate).
2. Squeeze lemon juice into a container (for blending).
3. Add coconut oil (or olive oil), parsley, oregano, cilantro, basil and salt to container and hand blend all ingredients.
4. Taste and make adjustments to flavor.
5. Scoop out about 1 spoonful of pesto (for each) and evenly distribute on top of all tomatoes.
6. Add a small handful of alfalfa sprouts on top of pesto on all tomatoes.
7. Serve and enjoy!